You have chosen a story from the New York Times article on belongings (2.en.10) . However, when you tried to present the story to your classmates, you discovered that you had forgotten essential information. Go through this check list. Can you answer all the questions?
Also, can you add extra information about the country of origin? the reasons for leaving their country?
- How long have they been in the USA?
- Why did they leave their country?
- How old are they?
- What is their job?
- What did they do in their country of origin?
- Do they regret moving to the States?
- Do they give any details on their background and family life before they emigrated?
- What are their plans for the future?
- What is the object they have chosen to keep?
- Why is it valuable for them?
- Use the interactive map to check the number of people who emigrate to the USA. Compare with other destinations
Use this interactive map to check the number of people who migrate to the USA. (arrivals) aslo compare it with departures.