Pro is short for professional as different from amateur.
The students of 2nd ESO E had to decide what to take on a 7 day safari trip. Many of them chose to take water in their bags. We wonder why nobody suggested a water purification kit, or just a set of clhorine tablets. They might have been less bulky than packing litres of mineral water in their bag. But maybe they were under Mr Bean’s influence. They saw him packing bean cans and they thought of packing mineral water bottles too.
Next time check on line shops such as this one. They might be helpful and give you ideas on how to travel light. There are plenty of specialized shops, depending on the kind of trip you have in mind.
2nd ESO E will have to pack for a 7 day trekking in the Himalayas. We are sure everybody did the homework, so we are looking forward to hearing what your bag will be like. In case you need some extra help, we have chosen this page with 10 useful tips on how to prepare your Himalayas trekking. We particularly like d the slip, slop, slap part.
Well, maybe this short video on how to pack as a pro, will not be very helpful if you go on a Safari or on a mountain trek, but it might help you if you travel on a city break to let’s say a week in New York or in London.
Homework for D and E . Thursday 18th October. Write down some of the tips suggested in the video and post them to the blog. Remember not to repeat what your classmates said. Write the answers to the following 10 questions in your notebook. Be ready to report your answers without reading from your notes.
Have you ever packed as suggested in the video?
- who suggested the tips? who did they ask for advice on packing?
- What is the bottom layer made of?
- What are the bulky garments mentioned in the video?
- How should you pack shoes?
- What is a dry cleaning bag used for?
- Where should belts be placed?
- What should be done with the toiletry bag?
- How are creases and wrinkles prevented?
- where should cameras be placed?
- How much stuff should you discard when you pack?