In Majorca we have plenty of sun, so that’s not going to be a problem. However, we’ll have to get organised to take care of it.
In English, we are going to carry out different tasks:
- Learning about the plants and vegetables we have in our roof orchard
- Keeping record of their growth
- Finding out about harvest time
- Learning the tools we need to make a roof orchard
- Contacting other schools in different parts of the world that have similar projects going on
Let’s start by transforming ourselves into green beings…
Look at the class register and discover what your new green personality will be. I have decided to turn into a lentil. I cannot be Mr Bean, this name has already been taken. So, you can call me Ms Lentil, while our green personalities take over.
Check Merriam Webster Picture dictionary. You will learn how to pronounce your new name.
In Merriam Webster dictionary, vegetables are classified according to the part we eat: stalk, leaf, bulb.
You can also find legumes: I have chosen one as my green alter ego: lentil
Homework: Wednesday 2nd : Do the on line exercises and learn the vegetable names of your classmates.