The topic that we are working on this term is city life. Next Thursday, October 2oth, we’ll go on our first school outing. In this first walk we’ll move from our school towards the historic city and we’ll end up visiting the Cathedral. BieL Alomar, a History teacher, will tell us some interesting stories on our way. He will also be our guide inside the cathedral. In November we’ll go on a second outing and we’ll walk around the neighborhood of Santa Catalina and visit Es Baluard,
During the outing you will be working in groups of 4 and will have to carry out several tasks in English, Catalan and Spanish. The tasks will be reflected in a power point. Each group will make a power point presentation using Google docs. The power points must be finished by Friday 28th October.
- An interview in English to a tourist
- A description of your favourite spot
- A pic of a place you think needs improvement
- Marking on a street map different city landmarks (churches, courtyards, museums, shops, squares)
- Identifying some architectural features with a glossary in Catalan, English and Spanish of the new words you learnt.
- A description of the itinerary
- An assessment of the activity
In previous years, students from Ramon Llull who are now in 2nd and third ESO went on a similar city walk. Here you can see some samples of the powerpoint presentations they produced after the outing. They can be useful as models.
Have you ever gone on a guided visit to the Cathedral?
Things you need to take with you:
- The dossier to take notes
- The street map
- Something to write (pen or pencil)
- Something to drink
- Something to eat: A sandwich, a piece of fruit, a snack.
- One camera or a mobile phone per group to take pics.
Things to remember:
- No shopping will be allowed during the outing: sweets, souvenirs or food.
- Snacks and drinks must be taken from home.
- You must work in groups.
- The spokesperson is responsible for the group: checking no one is missing, passing information, coordinating group work.
- You must pay attention to explanations as if you were in the classroom.
- You must take notes in the dossier.
- You must take turns and put up your hand to ask questions as if you were in class.
- Do not interrupt others.
- Behave properly.
- Do not shout, run or play around while walking in the streets.
- Stick together and follow teachers’ instructions.
These are the groups, their names and the name of the spokesperson responsible for each group.
1) The walls. Spokesperson: Alba Calderón
|01||ALAJARÍN PITARCH, FRANCINA|
|02||BISQUERRA ALCOVER, MAGDALENA|
|03||CACHAGO ESPINOZA, ADRIÁN DAVID|
|04||CALDERÓN ANGUELA, ALBA|
2) The Bishop’s Garden. Spokesperson : Joana Cifre
|05||CARBONELL VIDAL, PERE|
|06||CIFRE BORRÀS, JOANA|
|07||DE LA ASUNCIÓN VIDAL, JAUME|
|08||DEL BARCO GONZÁLEZ, LUIS|
3) The Almudaina Palace. Spokesperson: Max Dicks
|09||DESILE ABRAHAM, CLAUDIA|
|10||DICKS HERRAN, MAX IKER|
|11||FLAQUER MASSANET, Joan|
|12||FONT BENNÀSSAR, MARIA|
4) The Town Hall: Spokesperson: Lucia López
|13||LLULL VERA, DAVID|
|14||LÓPEZ CRESPÍ, FRANCESC|
|15||LÓPEZ CRESPO, VÍCTOR|
|16||LÓPEZ NAVARRO, LUCÍA|
5) The cathedral. Spokesperson: Isidre Martí
|17||MARIÀ CERDÁN, ROCÍO|
|18||MARTÍ GELABERT, ISIDRE|
|19||MOTTA, FRANCO DOMINGO NICOL|
|20||PAREDES CASASNOVAS, ANTONIO|
6) Sant Jaume: Spokesperson: Julia Riudala
|21||PAREJA MAS, NEREA|
|22||PIÑA POL, MAR|
|23||RIUDALA MARTÍNEZ, JULIA|
|24||ROCA NADAL, GASPAR|
7) Can Forteza Rey : Spokesperson: Toni Rojas
|25||RODRÍGUEZ CANTARELLAS, Mª DEL MAR|
|26||ROJAS OBRADOR, ANTONI|
|27||SALOM PORCEL, ANTONI|
|28||SASTRE BONNÍN, JOAN|
8 ) Parc de la Mar. Spokesperson: Miquel Àngel
|29||SEGUÍ CARBALLO, MIQUEL|
|30||TORREGROSA DEBETAZ, JÚLIA|
|31||VIVES RUANO, MIGUEL ÁNGEL|
|32||ZURITA MENA, DANIEL JONATHAN|